My CAD U37 Microphone Home Voice Recorder Studio Setup


Late Night Recording
I thought I would save a couple of images of my home studio for voice recording in action, using my CAD U37 with pop shield and Audacity on my Windows 8 PC.
 I just finished reading 6 hours of a PDF book. More to go! My home studio is just one step better than putting a cardboard box over my head and mic. Hmmm...
I learned to quickly pause Audacity when the trucks go by.
Seriously, I bought an AT2020 USB and I found the AT2020 to be too shrill on the high end, not favoring my deeper voice. Maybe what I really mean to say is I didn't like the sound with my voice. That doesn't mean the mic is shrill necessarily. With very little more money to spend I tried this one (CAD U37) on a whim and I'm very happy with the sound.
It has a bass pad switch and also a full spectrum pad which aren't really useful for voice, but if you record instruments or have a severely deep voice they may come in handy. The switches are basically inset so you can't damage them in your shock mount. The next mic will probably be a CAD GXL2200BP Large Diaphragm Microphone in Black Pearl Chrome. FrontEnd Audio has them for just $99.00 and if the sound is right I can make that work. If you make a purchase through a link on these pages I will get a small commission.'













 
 

Sourceforge HTML5 Internet Test

Worlds Best Home Internet Speed Test- Works On Almost All Devices

Zoom out if you do not see four round indicators and progress bars underneath. Mobile scroll down.

GA

Cheap and Easy Web Hosting Service

 
Blogger Templates